Sunday, August 13, 2006

meet me at the altar in your white dress

so after months of planning, trying on dresses, seeing some naaaaked men, and a family meeting 2 days before the big day .. kuya jeff and celeste are happily married. =) can i get an "awwwww." lol. at first, i didn't expect them to get married yet -- after all, ate got married after 30, and then i always had this feeling that jenn would be next in line .. but hey, when you feel ready, you feel ready -- and maybe this was their moment to do the damn thing. i didn't know that celeste was kuya jeff's only real girlfriend .. awww, can i get another awwww? haha. the wedding turned out to be pretty fun -- at first, i hated my dress for 3 months because it looked like a disaster on me, but after a drastic alteration, it wasn't so bad. me and mary even ended up not changing during the reception. anyways, everytime i go to a wedding, i think about how i would do my own wedding .. when it would happen, who it would be, how big it would end up getting, and all the necessary [and some, unecessary] details that i have to look out for. when the going gets tough, i always think like .. man, i just want a really, really simple wedding. heck, i just want to elope with my fiancee in las vegas and tell, in essence, no one that we got married. but knowing my family, i'll probably be biting my words when i say i'm eloping, because everyone in my family -- from my cousins, to my aunts and uncles, to of course, my mom and dad -- wants to get involved in planning my wedding the way they all think i should want it to be. and sometimes, yeah, they're right -- but hey, it's my big day, not yours. lol. for one thing, i plan on walking down the aisle in kicks. seriously. yeah, i know i could be rockin some kick ass jimmy choos or something under my gown -- but i want to walk down that wedding aisle in my best pair of retro nikes ever. my fiancee/future husband -- he can wear patent leather shiny shoes for all i care. but i want to wear sneakers. for one thing -- i believe in comfort. high heels are not the most comfortable shoes to be walking around in. and number 2, i thought about it, and it's something symbolic for me too. like, your wedding day is the first day of a long journey called forever that you're gonna be on with this guy. it's gonna be long, and difficult at times .. so it would be good to have comfy walking shoes to wear while you walk on this endless and wonderful journey. no? :) and plus, i just love sneakers, duh. =) anyways, i hope people don't make a big fuss and be like -- blah blah blah, that's not very ladylike. yeah, well i don't care because it's my wedding. and i could feel the endless criticism coming from my family during the course .. but really, hey. it's not your big day. leave them alone. but who cares .. i have yet to see what stuff people shall say when it's my turn. =T but anyways, weddings are fun! me and mary accidentally missed picture time to go to cocktail hour.. we didn't have a ride to the manor so we rode with ate and ate all the hors d` ouvres we wanted.. good we did, it was the best-est food of the whole night. that and dessert .. how yummy! =) i just heart all the love/romance-y stuff. yeah, i know, maybe i'm just a little too young to be thinking about marriage. but hey -- i'm not getting any younger. lol. i don't really know when the next wedding will be in my line of atienza cousins .. my 2 older cousins have yet to find martial prospects and jenn wants to get married when she's 30. [good timing, i'll be out of pharmacy school! ^_^] so, i guess this is the end-ish of the wedding extravaganza that i've been in for the past couple of years. gee, everyone likes to get married around me. hahahaha .. and once in a while, i like to think of which of my friends would get married first. kind of hard to make a prediction, since we're all so career focused .. and at one point, there was no hope of finding a prospect. lol. but soon enough, it'll be that time of our generation for us to get married. oh man, all this future stuff is scary sometimes because i forget to realize just where in my life i am. it still strikes me that i'm in college and i have to grow up. ah, growing up. why does it have to be so difficult? lol. i still don't know how to do it. but anyways, i think this is the end of my entry for today. my best friend in the entire universe is coming tonight and it's time for part 2 of angelica and jackie's super adventures! =) hehe. so i'll catch you all on the flip side kids!

<3 to:
christine aka the homie; awwww homie! i'm glad you like your pasalubong because when i saw it, i totally thought of you. =)
bestfriend jackie [2for2]; OMG YES! IM SO PSYCHED. weeeeeee! and yes .. hehe, i am an airport / trolley whore. and now i get to pick you up from the airport. YAY!