Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 01 - Introduce yourself

I've been seeing these challenges online and thought that I should try them, plus it would give me an excuse to write legitimate blogs again! So here goes..


Well obviously, if you have been paying attention for the past 5 years, my name is Angelica! I just graduated from RU with my PharmD; it feels good but I also feel lost since I have yet to pass my exams and yet to land a full-time job. But let's not worry about that. I found that I've grown to love my chosen profession, that I love being a pharmacist, that I enjoy information about new drugs. You know that you've accepted it when you hear snippets about what medications people are taking and you're curious to know more. Or! When I'm at work I have a list of meds I never heard of just so I can go home and look them up and find out what they are used for. How corny!

I will Google and/or Wikipedia anything I don't know just because I enjoy knowing things.

I've lived in New Jersey for all my life and I have to admit that I am a Jersey girl in the best sense of the term. I love that I can go down the shore and up to the "city" both within 45 minutes, I love that I can get a good bagel, and I love that I know how to maneuver a jug-handle. I'm proud that I've been basically through the entire perimeter of my state and know how it looks like! (Thanks rotations!)

I still live with my parents, and even though people can't wait to get away, I've learned to deal with it. I understand that my time with my parents is slowly getting limited and it's important to learn what I can from them before I really have to be an adult. I like that my family lives within a 2 mile radius with me.. not a lot of people have the luxury of seeing their relatives whenever they want.

In a weird way I envy people who have fantastic pictures and put pictures of all the crazy places they've been or crazy things they've done, but, I enjoy staying home and having quiet moments with myself. I think it was all those years of being sheltered and an only child. I've mellowed out and learned to enjoy quiet evenings and days at home, sometimes by myself. I think it gives me a chance to explore my creativity and thoughts. Sometimes going out gives me anxiety, I think it's because of all the people and because I've reverted to social awkwardness after being in pharmacy school for so long. I guess after everything is said and done with respect to my exams I'll have a chance to develop my social skills once again..

I still enjoy cutesy things and random things and have learned to desire the unique and handmade as opposed to the mass-produced and expensive. I've gotten into jewelry making and calligraphy, and I hope one day to throw a whole dinner party that I've created myself, from picking out the place settings to creating the meal from scratch. When I do, you'll be invited! :)

I've finally come to terms with being myself, instead of trying to be someone else. I know it's cliche, but I've always felt that I was a "follower" for my whole life. I always wanted to be "cool" and "popular" because I thought it would bring me happiness. Now I know that it's okay if I live in anonymity nowadays.. because no one is in my biz. I like that no one is in my biz.

I don't know what else to say about myself, haha