Friday, March 10, 2006

i'm blushing, can't you tell

well, it is the beginning of my spring break and since i'm due for an update, i thought that this would be the perfect time for an update. now i'm not one for vanity usually, that over there, my friends, is the result of 2 weeks of .. shit. a lot has happened since i last posted .. maybe too much, in fact .. that the inevitable stress and lack of sleep has taken its toll on my fragile body and now i have this cough that makes me sound like i've been smoking since i was born. yuck! so now, with the arrival of spring break .. means the arrival of 10 hours of sleep a day. and of course, the occasional studying here and there and hitting up the city with the phenoms and other fun characters.. that is, as soon as i fight off this self-limiting disease. lol ..
but anyways, so let me tell you all about what has happened since i last wrote up. well .. my friend sam and i didn't have such a great week and we deemed it proper that we should win the "sucks to be you" award for the week because our week wasn't too good. i had 1203981209 hours of practice for battle of the barrios w/ RCDT, zero hours of sleep, panic attacks, stress, a quiz, lab, and on top of that.. we found out that we have to go to summer school because pharmacy is stupid and one of our electives doesn't count. roar! battle of the barrios came, and i managed to have as much fun as i could with all the crap going on around me. lol. and i must admit, even though we didn't achieve our goal of defending our titles from last year, it was fun representing our school and cheering each other on when we performed. and of course, we were winners in other more important matters .. `;D hehe.
then after that, i think i might have partied a little too hard, because on sunday, my throat was so raw and i went to my review for my exam and i was pretty beat. and then monday comes and i'm feeling more raw in my throat and i still have to finish up my ass long lab reports. and then, tuesday comes, and to my tired surprise, the rawness of my throat was actually a sign of a self-limiting disease known as the common cold approaching and i managed to have a low fever of 100.5 degrees. so i took medication.. couldn't really remember anything i was trying to teach myself for my exam because you know .. my head is just out there from all of the drugs i was taking to make the symptoms go away .. and then wednesday comes and it's just bad .. i'm takin like 4 extra strength tylenols .. but then thursday comes and i am surprised that i made it all the way until 940 pm without completely dying and i manage to .. coherently not do well on my organic chemistry exam. of course, no one likes to be pessimisstic, but i seriously was about to cry when i walked out of the exam room it was that bad. but, it's over now, one can only hope that i at least passed the test by the skin of my teeth.. and if not, i really have to pull something good out of my ass. oh man..
but it's no time to be sad, it's spring break .. break that i have been looking forward to for a long time. time to rest, rejuvenate, reorganize, and rewrite all of the notes that i don't understand. lol. hopefully i'll get over my cold by next week, so i can go party, just like i said before .. and not completely waste my entire spring break on sleeping [but that's not a bad idea to do. hehe] i can't believe how fast my semester has gone by .. GOD willing, i'll be a 3rd year next year .. that pharmD degree is so close but still so far away. and the summer .. yeah, summer school, lol .. and hopefully a nice vacation away from new jersey. yippie!
well, another update again soon. talk to you later kids!

one more picture post:


the colors! the colors! lol.



<3 to:
a star; two props to you for leaving me 2 comments! battle of the barrios was a competition between the filipino organizations of some schools in the tri-state area hosted by rutgers new brunswick [the school i go to].
best friend jackie; for being my number 1 fan! hehehe. i love you girl!